Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Made Salsa the Other Day...

What do...
These stocking feet...
Have to do with this salsa ready for simmering? Well a lot. It seems that when I am wearing flats or stocking feet all day while standing my back begins to hurt. I also notice how tired I become at the end of the day after all that chopping.

Day one; dealing with tomatoes. I blanch them to remove the skins, then chop them. Always wear gloves when handling hot peppers.

Day two; the peppers and onions. I chop faster if I am standing. My solution?

Clogs! The Scandinavians and the Dutch got it right. I wore these the second day. My back did not hurt and I was not tired by the end of the day. More energy! My daughters would've said, "Mom, you're not supposed to wear that kind of shoe with "skinny jeans." Well, I won't tell if you won't. Let's face it, there is nothing glamorous about making salsa. there is just nothing glamorous about chopping and blanching all day to make that wonderful salsa. We must find our glamour someplace else. So... We did. Grace Kelly is the glamour in this day. "Rear Window," has tons of glamour, suspense, romance.. .you name it, it's all there. Her clothes, taffeta, silk, and crepe are all divine. She has such style and grace in her walk and talk. Her jewelry is tastefully worn. Each outfit complete.
I got so caught up in the movie, when my husband came in the room I turned to him, very seriously and said,"We think Thorwall's guilty." This brought an all knowing chuckle to my fun loving husband. My time making salsa became an event. Cilantro is a must for good salsa.
So all that time and chopping are now on the shelf waiting for winter. Yum! If I have not been to your blog dear ladies, it's because of all this chopping. My feet are saoking and soon shall be elevated. I shall visit you soon. Hugs, Kathi p.s. Thinking especially of Michelle, Pearl, Deena, Mrs. Fox and Candy , who are all going through the fire right now.

"Go to the ant...it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest." Proverbs 6:6


No comments: