Thursday, November 12, 2009

Candyland Cake For Garrett's Birthday

Our daughter Jessica got the idea to make a Candyland birthday cake from the Internet.
She and her sister Victoria and brother Harrison all pitched in to make this cake special for their little brother Garret. I'm so happy that the three of them work together and followe the directions. Jessica did such a beautiful job creating the gameboard by looking at it while working on it.
Many different kinds of candy was used including Starburst and Gummy Bears.
Harrison opened many candy cane circle candies for the little "fence" going around the cake.
I just love the way it turned out.
Garrett was so surprised and happy with his cake. We all got into the truck to drive to the pizza parlor, taking thre of his little frinds with him.
Garrett looks pretty happy. Several other children will meet us there. Here we are at the pizza parlor. Dad got to join us too.
Garrett got some wonderful gifts from his friends.
This pizza place has a huge play area so the children played between eating pizza and having cake.
Harrison's girlfriend Nikki got to come to and was a nice help to me along with my three teenagers.
Garrett and me enjoying the festivities.
Garrett had one of the best birthday parties ever.
These two mothers were a huge help to me. I was so thankful to have them here.
We ordered three large pizzas and all, but three pieces were eaten.
Garrett getting ready to blow out his candle. I told him to swallow first.
I can't believe my baby is eight years old.
When we got home we had our own celebration. My older teens bought Garrett some really nice gifts using their own money. I was really happy about this.
Garrett wanted macaorin and cheese for his special birthday dinner. This is our special birthday plate. We have a pink one for girls and a green one for boys.
I also served our own turkey which we raised ourselves, green beans, salad and bread.
Garrett wanted sparkling cider too.
We had a wonderful special dinner together and are all thankful for our Dear Garrett. "You will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy" John 16:22