Friday, November 6, 2009

Bathroom ~ Before and After

Remember this blue toilet? Well, since it is now history, I will share with you our pretty new bathroom.
First I will show the before photos. The drawers were spray painted like this with blue paint.
The floor was white linoleum.
We had a blue tub and this Formica marble look around it, which was nice for the 1960's, but we wanted an update.
The two blue sinks were rusty and not as shiny as they used to be. The toilet also had rust and lime stains, which were nearly impossible to remove.
Beginning our project. My husband Stacey worked so hard to get the old flooring up.
He made trip after trip up the stairs to put new sub floor down.
Night after night after working all day for his company, he'd be doing this.
Here he is painting with his hand in his pocket again. You can see the old blue inside the closet. Our daughters Victoria and Jessica goofing off while painting the closet. They did a really good job.
Now comes the new tile floor.
He was always while working. He did such a great job. I'm so thankful for him and how hard he works. Okay, so the next picture is our pretty new bathroom.
We are thrilled with the way it turned out. We chose soft yellow, and creamy white walls, white tile floor and antique white porcelain.
My husband did everything himself except the plumbing and electrical.
He worked very hard putting in the Wayne's coating. I'm so proud of him.
We added this antique table and chair for the girls to sit and put on their make-up.
The shower is so nice and has an antique faucet.
Our neighbor made the cabinets for us. We created this counter top and little space for a night light around the backside of the shower.
He and I hung the mirror and towel bars together. I love the swivel mirror.
I'm so happy with our new pretty bathroom. It's restful and sweet. I hope you all have a lovely day today dear blogging friends. Love, Kathi